Friday, September 7, 2007

Ughkj;lkjs;dlkjf;skljdf

Inhale, exhale. Inhale, exhale. Today is a sad day, for I have let Bank of America make me cry. That's right.

So the deal is this, basically. My landlord lives in New York City, but she pays for the apartment to have a year-round property manager to take care of stuff, like when I need a plumber or a handyman or something. I need to pay her 400 euro for the year (deducted from my rent) for her fee. Well I went to pay her on Monday and of course had to withdraw that amount from my bank account. Well fuckin' Bank of America put a hold on my account. I understand, they thought someone had stolen my ATM card and run off to France or something. So I emailed them and asked how to resolve the situation. 6 emails later, I'm using capital letters to denote yelling at some idiot in a cubicle who keeps giving me the wrong phone info. Apparently there is some procedure for calling customer service internationally but they don't actually know what it is. Plus they use stupid little email templates that say how they're so sorry they've inconvenienced me and they value me as a customer. I really like Bank of America, but this email situation is ridonculous.
Anyway, after the tears, I signed up for Skype as a last resort. I wasn't planning on getting it because my landlord offered to pay if I could find an internationally calling service for my landline, but this is just easier and probably better quality. So I got Skype and used my free intro minutes to call Bank of America and fix the situation. Now I'm off to buy groceries and use the ATM like there's no tomorrow.
I really just need my carte de sejour. In France you need to get a residency card after you have arrived in order to work and get a bank account. So that is Monday morning's mission -- I will go to MICEFA so they can start the paper work. I also need to get going on that cuz I can't leave France and re-enter without it -- which would mean no Spice Girls!

No comments: