Friday, March 28, 2008

Rater la vie

Well this past week was pleasantly long. Saturday night I picked up the broseph at CDG and we immediately went for kebabs and beer on the Contrescarpe. The rest of the week (until Wednesday, okay) involved lots of walking, lots of sight-seeing, and two disappointing excursions (Catacombs are closed, Eiffel Tower was a nightmare). Anyway, it was still really good. Matt got in Sunday night so we did some lame college student things like sitting around at home smoking weed and looking at You Tube videos. Of course there were many culinary excursions as well, because let's be honest, that's my specialty. Many-a-crêpe was consumed, as well as some delicious bakery items, and even a 40 euro lunch at Les Deux Magots, funded by mother dearest. We also introduced Sean to tecktonik and chavvy French guys with gelled-down mohawks. It rained a lot that wasn't so pleasant, but such is life I suppose.
Yesterday morning we got up at 6 to get Sean on the RER to the airport. I had requested that my mom get him a flight around 10 so he could leave and I could go to work at the same time. It would just figure that my first two classes got canceled so I didn't have to be at work until 10:30. So after I dropped him off, I went home and slept for another 45 minutes, then got up and typed up a dialogue for the lesson. I made it to the train with plenty of time to spare, and hopped on a bus the second I walked out of the station in Marly le roi. Unfortunately I'm retarded or something and I got on the right bus, but I thought it was the wrong bus, so I got off. I completely disregarded the fact that in the middle of the day in the small towns, the buses come about once an hour. I had noticed we were going in a weird direction before I got off the bus, so I followed the church and apartment buildings near the school to make sure I could locate then when I got off the bus. I used my incredible sense of direction to walk toward where I thought the school was, and ended up only losing about 15 minutes. I couldn't believe it. I was definitely on the total opposite side of the town. And then of course my 10:30 class got canceled so I did nothing in the teacher's lounge until 1:30. So by then I decided to improvise my lesson plan cuz I didn't want to waste it on half a day of teaching.
I was exhausted when I got home, but Matt said we were going to a party so I showered, blew dry and straightened my hair, the whole shebang. The party ended up not happening so he and Joe and I just hung and did whatever, I don't even know. There's supposed to be a real party tonight.
Today I am consciously ditching History of France. The class was canceled on Tuesday and there is a make-up today, but I'm just over it. That and the fact that I need to stay by my phone in case my property manager calls back. Turns out my landlady rented my apartment out the first of June, even though she told me (and I agreed with the summer tenant) to split the month of June. Although apparently this summer tenant I've been talking with is in fact, not the summer tenant. So I emailed my mentally unstable landlady and hopefully this will get sorted out. Maybe I will get a sublet for the first two weeks of June? The most irritating part is that Lauren will be here until the 3rd and it not fair to her if she has to be there while I'm packing and cleaning and generally being a headcase, which always happens when I move. And that I will have to immediately start moving when we get back from Greece. And freaking out about moving will inevitably fuck up my mood in Greece. Cross your fingers for a miracle.

No comments: