Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Who needs school?

It's Super Tuesday, kids. All of these hours I've wasted watching debates (even Republican ones, because sometimes, you just want to yell at the computer screen and freak out your neighbors) are coming down to right now. I don't know exactly how this works, but apparently there is a "global primary" and I can go vote at the American Church with my passport. I was all set to send in my absentee ballot, and I might still, but this sounds interesting. Anyway, you heard it here first -- I'm voting for Hillary. Honestly, there is no bad choice, I'll be happy with either, but I have to go with my gut.

Anyway, vacation is a little too fun, I think. Work on Monday, two free days, work on Thursday, three free days. This is the life. Unfortunately it will all come to screeching halt when I sign up for classes on Friday and then start MICEFA class on Tuesday. I signed up for this class because it was supposed to be at Censier, but apparently it has moved to some other Paris 3 campus far, far away. Well fucking balls, good thing it doesn't start until 12:30 in the afternoon. Also exciting this weekend is one Miss Lauren Kunin arriving on Saturday. And Disneyland on Sunday, I think it was. Working on Mondays is such a buzzkill, really.

Not a whole lot else to report, really. I feel like this semester is going to be very full of excitement. Lauren will be here next week, then a couple more weeks and Matt and Joe will *hopefully* be here. The apartment search continues and I'm sending new Craig's list postings pretty much every day. But having them here for a month would just exceed immense (harhar). And then while they're here, my brother comes for 5 days, then a couple more weeks and I'm in Rome for four days at Lauren's. I'm extra excited for Rome because between the 50 euro flights and the free accommodation, that trip is shaping up nicely. Speaking of nice, the weekend after Rome is tentatively Nice, then a couple weeks after that, after some schedule tweaking, GREECE. Honestly, Greece is the one place I've been dying to visit for the past couple years. After Paris, it was number two on a very short list of places I must see before I die. Naturally my travel lust has gotten away from me a bit and I've got all these links bookmarked with ferries and hostels and different islands and such. We'll see how it all gets pulled together. And then I think Lauren is going to come live at chez moi for a couple weeks. And work will be over and school will be winding down. I suppose it's best to keep things at a fever pitch until the very end.

No comments: