Monday, December 17, 2007

Antarctica?

Um so I'm pretty much FREEZING MY ASS OFF. It was so cold today that the tips of my ears started hurting. That's the first time I've noticed that degree of frigidness here. I almost slipped crossing the train tracks cuz they were...frozen over. What the hell. And of course it doesn't help that once I'm inside, the heat is blasting like a mother fucker.
So today was a pretty good day at work. The problem with teaching six different classes and two different lesson plans is that things take different amounts of time. Sometimes we run out of time. Sometimes there's 15 extra minutes and we play the world's longest games of Simon Says. And there's one class that I still can't stand. The kids, their teacher. Ugh. They are horribly behaved and their teacher is useless. The funny and ironic thing is that today one of those kids gave me a gift bag full of chocolates with a card. Clearly his mom makes gifts for all of his teachers but it was cool nonetheless. When I was little my mom used to make epic batches of apple butter or caramels to give as gifts. Other classes were good too. Some of those kids are so cute I want to take them home with me. And in one class the little girls always kiss me on the check when we leave.
Anyway, after work I froze to death at the train station and somehow survived the commute home. I fell asleep for a while on the train. Sometimes I wonder how people get through that grind everyday. I only do it twice a week and it is just unpleasant. I'm thinking about moving farther away from campus when I get back to San Francisco, and nothing could be as bad as this commute. One bus or light rail for half an hour would be nothing compared to two metros and a train for over an hour like I'm doing now.
After I got home I warmed up some lovely tomato soup and now I'm watching Waitress. Mmm pies. If this journalism thing doesn't work out, I am seriously going to throw it all out the window and become a pastry chef. I wish I had more time/money/facilities to bake. What an awesome hobby.

No comments: