Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A Very Merry Un-Christmas

Well I guess the whole thing kicked off when I showed up at the gym on Monday, around 4:45 I would say. Dark. Locks. Closed. Um, yeah, apparently it was Christmas Eve and I had no idea. Plus I never saw a flyer with their holiday hours so I didn't know that they closed at 4. Sad. So sad, in fact, that I walked home to try to recoup some of the exercise. Then I made some awesome salmon and bread for dinner, Matt came over to finish watching Weeds and Skype the fam. It was all very anti-holidays. I never realized how unaware I could be.
Anyway, Christmas was spent inside mostly, I don't know how I killed so many hours. But last night Matt and I went out with Richard and Alex. Originally we were just going to get some take out and go back to Stephanie's, but we ended up finding a cool restaurant near Montparnasse. They had a fixed menu for 16.90 that was an apéritif, appetizer, entree, dessert, and a drink. Pretty bomb. Plus the apéritif was a kir royal, my favorite. Aaaaand after we went back to Stephanie's big empty apartment to fuck around and drink some delicious Bailey's hot chocolate. Richard and Alex left early, so then I was on my own to get home. Matt walked me to the bus stop and out of confusion and a little desperation, I just took the first bus that came, which was supposed to be the "inner circle." Apparently the "inner circle" goes all the way up to Sacre-Coeur. Wtf. So I ditched it at St. Germain-des-Près and tried to take another bus home. But instead I walked like the sav I am. So I got home around 3:30, showered, tanned, and sleepy pie.
Unfortunately, my sleep was interrupted at 9:30 by my neighbor. She asked me last night if I'd keep her suitcases and be there when DHL came to pick them up, so this morning she came by to drop them off. I made it back to sleep for a little, but then mail man rang with Lauren's package. It's all good though, cuz otherwise it would've shown up while I was gone, and it would have been a fiasco at the post office explaining why it took me two weeks to pick up my package. And now I have some pretty new bath stuff and 5 new pairs of Old Navy flip flops, incentive to survive the winter so I can wear them when it gets warmer.
So now today is the big knuckle down before tomorrow's departure. I gotta do some laundry, pack, drop Puck off at Keisha's, go to the gym -- all that fun stuff. And hope I don't go out for long enough to miss DHL. I'm giving up gay clubbing with Matt and Edwin tonight though, cuz I need to be the responsible one. Matt swears he'll be here at 8 tomorrow morning. I'll kill him if he isn't, basically. I also need to print out some directions and a shuttle confirmation but I'm feeling verrrry cheap and maybe I can do it at a hostel instead. Poo.

No comments: