Monday, December 24, 2007

Un-manic Monday

Sighhhhhh. Today is the first Monday in quite a while where I haven't had to wake up at 6 am and work all day. Freedom is so sweet. So this morning, I have showered, drank some coffee, played fetch with my cat, and later I will probably paint my toes. I haven't had a pedicure in like a month which is majorly against my religion, but I got tired of them being constantly fucked up because of closed-toe shoes. Honestly I never realized how much the tiny detail of open or closed-toe could affect my life.
Yesterday I walked to the gym which was surprisingly doable. Except it was like 45 which is of course still cold but it was too warm to be hoofing it down to Place d'Italie apparently, cuz I was sweatin'. I walked because I needed a magazine and Gobelins is the only street around with open newsstands on Sunday. This Sunday closure thing really needs to be left behind. Anyway since I haven't had much cash on me I've bought two French tabloids, which I had been avoiding just because I am a magazine aficionado in English, so I don't want to feel impotent in French (also describes my aversion to French essays). But of course it's a tabloid and I understood every word, so I'll probably keep buying them to improve my colloquial vocab and expressions. It's educational! And funny to read about Sarko and his high-profile relationship with, as it turns out, one of the like 5 French celebrities I knew about before I got here.
After the gym I returned my dress -- success. It was the same girl as last Sunday so I guess my theory was correct. Anyway, I gave her the dress, told her it was too big, yada yada yada. Then she inspected it and smelled the armpits (ahahaha) and asked me suspiciously if it had been worn already. I told her no, that I just tried it on (which is true) and she let me pick something else out. I almost got a hat and a scarf as a replacement but then I saw another dress that is pretty much perfect so I got it instead. I will for sure be back to get some other stuff, though. There's another accessories store further down Mouffetard that I need to check out as well. Except it is full of cute shoes and the temptation is huge. Grrrr money. Knowing me I'll get back from vacation with all this leftover money and I'll go crazy spending it. Oh well, c'est la vie!

No comments: