Saturday, January 19, 2008

Back on planet Earth

Coming back from vacations sucks. There's really no way around it. Especially because I extended my winter break by ditching work and spending the whole weekend in England. This past week was -- exhausting. I was basically jet-lagged after missing an entire night of sleep on the way home from Barcelona, and then this past weekend, which lacked sleep and was heavy on the hard liquor. Tee. Anyway, I tried to make up for it by sleeping 12 hours on Monday night, but it wasn't really enough. So I blew off oral on Wednesday and look a nap. Still not enough. Not to mention the fact that I stayed up until almost midnight on Wednesday doing that funking Charles De Gaulle paper, then woke up at 6, worked 8 hours, then went to class for another two. So Thursday night I went to bed at 11 and didn't wake up until about 12:30 yesterday. It. was. awesome. There's nothing like some good, old-fashioned sleep.
So yesterday I set out to finally pick up my new debit card. I received the letter saying it was ready last weekend, but this whole week I never had time or the inclination to go. So yesterday I walked in and handed the letter to the guy at the front desk, always the same guy. Who always asks me if I'm Irish (because of my name?). And always wants to talk about California. There are two kinds of French people: the kind who go "American? Hm." and the kind who ask what state, what city, and then tell me about the time they went there or their family members who live there. This time I learned that the agent has family in Murrietta. I thought better of telling him that Murrietta is a shithole.
Anyway, after my second full night of sleep, I'm being productive today. Mostly with travel plans (shhhh) but I also need to write my internship diary. As soon as Lauren makes an appearance on the webs, I'm booking my flights for Rome. And then we need to narrow down some dates and times for Nice and Greece. Since I'm no longer going to Oxford during my first spring-ish break, I wanted to do some kind of snow trip but I don't think it's going to work out. It's a little too soon and it might be better if I saved the money. I'm fucking amped, though. For warm weather and flip flops and the beach.

No comments: