Friday, January 25, 2008

Born freeeeeeee

Well I took my last final last night. 3 and a half pages of bullshitty glory. Frankly, I can't take all of the blame for that because we just did not get very in-depth in that class. We just kind of took notes, read a boring textbook, watched some awful exposés. Anyway, at least it's over. And my final on Wednesday was biiiizarre. We sat down, the professor read this article to us three times, we answered 5 multiple choice questions, and BAM. Dunzo. Under 20 minutes. I think I did really well but even if I didn't, I have a 16 (out of 20, but a 12 is a B -- it's a whole thing, this fucked up French grading) in that class. Soooo school is officially out for a couple weeks, but next task is to figure out where and when to sign up for my classes. I'm not sure I want to take FETE (French as a foreign language) classes again, but that means I have to run around to every department to find the class listings and then sign up for them. Although I've heard being in MICEFA helps and I can just cry ignorance or something. Good insurance policy? We'll find out.

Yesterday was a little weird. I did the usual commute in the morning, did my regular two classes in the morning, then luckily got into the second school. No one was in the teacher's lounge to buzz me in, so I had to bang on the front door and yell at one of my students so he'd get his teacher to let me in. I made some photocopies, drank a cup of tea, and taught an extremely rowdy class. But for whatever reason, it doesn't really bug me when they're hard to control. But now they are all certain of the meaning of "shut up," I'm sure. Afterward I went home on the RER (fuckin' hate that crap) and took a quasi-nap. I say quasi because one of my neighbors was running up and down the stairs, then stomping around in his apartment upstairs. I nearly threw open my door and yelled "DOUCEMENT!" into the stairwell, but I couldn't be bothered (Hi Matt, if you're reading this).

My trip to Rome is starting to take shape as well. I was planning to take EasyJet and the flights were gonna be like 130 euro, but RyanAir is doing fun fun penny flights right now, so I could get there for about 50 euro. The only problem is that I have to go to Beauvais (26 euros in shuttle fees, not SUCH a big deal), and the flight into Rome lands at 11:40 pm. Hey Laurennnnnn. If you meet me at the airport, I'll pay for the cab to get us baaaack. Ha. Then there's the issue of accommodation. Lauren can't have guests for some silly Italian rule, Mike offered but he was drunk and jet-lagged at the time, and the hostels in the area all have lockout for cleaning, which is just the silliest fucking concept ever. I'm really supposed to get up and out before 11 am so you can sweep the floor? Fuck off. Plus they all require check in before 6 pm or they'll give up my invitation. Maybe I can crash somewhere the first night and check in the next morning? That's an idea I suppose. Anyway, it's balls. I think these hostels are all owned by the same douche bags.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

you can stay with me, no problem. you don't want to stay with mike. they barely have room for 4 guys.