Wednesday, January 23, 2008

This week. . .

Is not a great one.

Monday was decent. I could not sleep at all Sunday night. For whatever reason, the nights before I work, I just can't sleep. I've been at this for almost four months now, I've never overslept, I try to go to bed early-ish and get 8 hours of sleep. But still, I toss and turn and I wake up twenty minutes early. At least it's only two days a week? I dunno. Tuesday was not a lot of fun. I woke up early and did my laundry while re-reading a book for French class. And I took a final on the book in the afternoon, which was pretty intense. A big grammar section, then pages of commentary on the book, then a mini-essay using subjonctif. And I am proud to say that after three years (since French III, the first time I saw it), I have finally comprehended subjonctif. Next step will be to master when to use it. Last night, not so hot. I don't really want to talk about it. Today I went to Histoire de Paris and only three of us showed up. Whoops. And after Keisha and I hit up Franprix, then I browsed some shops on Mouffetard. It was a weird feeling because there was lots of stuff I liked, but I couldn't figure out whether I wanted to shop because of sales, because I love shopping, to self-medicate...and then I didn't want to buy anything. Maybe because I didn't need it, I need to save money for plane tickets and hotels, or because I'm depressed. This afternoon is another final, and then I will finish my Franco-American assignments.

Tomorrow there is a teacher's strike, but unfortunately 3 out of my 6 teachers aren't striking, so I will go to work at the same time and leave at lunch time. Fine. Actually it works out nicely because the classes I will teach tomorrow are all behind in some way or another, whether it's because we couldn't meet a couple times, or in the case of my class from hell, because they are a bunch of little assholes and I can't teach them. Ha. And then my Franco-American final. Finals finals finals. And then the mentally debilitating task of signing up for classes. And this time I have to go to several different departments to find schedules. Crap. It's not just a good time right now.

No comments: