Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Intermission

Yeah sorry, I know I'm supposed to writing my vacation memoirs, but I'm taking a small break.

Anyway, my first couple days back in the Republic have been pretty good. As much as I was planning to go to work yesterday, my mom called on Sunday night and I decided to fuck it and sleep in. After getting up around 1 pm and finally getting moving around 3, I went to the bank to withdraw some money. So now I have all of this cash on me and I'm trying not to blow it all. Especially because all of Paris is on sale right now. Yeesh.
I had my first class back today, which was pretty blah as usual. I'm not excited for finals. Or the 10 page paper I'm supposed to be writing about Charles de Gaulle. Which I'm sure I won't start until Sunday. Oy. I'm too focused on getting back to normal here and too excited about THE SPICE GIRLS this weekend to work. That's right, I'm jet-setting back to London for about 24 hours. I'm psyched.
Aside from the work, I really am happy to be back in Paris. I actually missed French when I was traveling. Especially in Spain because my Spanish is limited to things like "cayate puta" and "no tango dinero," but even in England. I was actually kind of exhilarated when I was running on two hours sleep, tromping down Mouffetard to pick Puck up from Keisha's. I will not be excited to leave in June, I'm pretty sure. But, what I didn't miss about Paris...the smells. Piss, dog poop, BO. I never realized how many unpleasant odors abound here.

No comments: