Monday, October 29, 2007

Ewwww

So recently there was a notice poste in d downstairs that the co-op board had hired an exterminator to come kill the mice in the building. Now I know there were no mice in my apartment, because had there been, Puck would've been all over it. Anyway, I'm not sure when he came, but the poison worked because as I left my apartment this morning to run some errands, I saw two dead, little grey mice in the stairwell. At first I wasn't sure what they were because the mice in America are brown. But there they were. So gross. I'm hoping that if they hired someone to come kill the mice, they're going to hire someone to come clean them up. I mean it's not like ants or something. If you put poison in the walls and they all die in there, they're going to decompose and smell, right? Unless this magical poison makes them all come out and die in the hallway. Ugh.

Also. Where does one recycle plastic and cans in Paris? There are a few huge, green globe things around that I thought were for general recycling, but apparently they are just for glass. As some crazy wino pointed out to me today.

Another buzzkill today came in the form of a missed package slip I received in the mail. I thought it was a package from Lauren so I was stoked to go pick it up. Alas, it was just a certified letter from my bank. Sadness. Plus it's raining like a mother fucker out there and I'm feeling less than motivated to go to Gibert Joseph now. Although it might be nice to hang out in a bookstore for a while. I really don't mind rain for the most part, especially after living in San Francisco for two years, but I still can't stand having anything to do when it's raining. I'm short and all of my pants are a little too long and when it rains they get stuck under my shoes and then soak up all of the water. I need to get some good boots that I can tuck my jeans into. Anyway, I prefer to snuggle under covers and vegetate when it's raining.

I'm actually not in a bad mood, there just seems to be a lot of stuff to complain about today.

No comments: