Monday, October 1, 2007

Shit son

Today I discovered why so many French people smell bad. It rains. It's humid as a mother fucker. And then you run around all day and sit on the metro with a billion other people. Then you smell. Today I ran up the stairs to my apartment, stripped, and threw myself into that frigid shower. Who needs hot water when the weather sucks so hard?
In other news, I went out to Marly-le-roi and met les gosses and the teachers at my schools. One of my schools is named after Antoine de Saint-Exupéry and there are little petit prince drawings all over the walls. I met some little kids with French flags painted on their faces -- so cute. I am starting on Thursday, which is terrifying because my orientation is only tomorrow. The kids are pretty young and so I have a feeling that there will be a lot of French involved because their English is not up to par. I've been warned that I shouldn't speak French to the kids because they'll laugh at my accent (whatevs) but the director today said that I "parlez presque sans accent." Perhaps the best French compliment I've ever heard.

No comments: